Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Property Management & Design


 There's nothing that's created that doesn't begin with a desire to do things just a bit different than they are being done. That's just life .., you live long enough and you desire to create businesses that reflect your own spirit, your own sense of style and grace and that's what I'll be doing in the next couple of years. Presently, I'm finishing a degree that I actually began 44 years ago, as a freshman at the University of Texas in Austin. After leaving college in the Spring semester of my Junior Year, to tour with a Christian music ensemble and later on, singing back vocals for the late Phyllis Hyman, meeting and working/writing with the legendary and most beloved jazz pianist/vocalist Shirley Horn, just a few shorts years before her passing and stumbling into the world of filmmaking and getting to work with so many of my heroes, like Samuel L. Jackson, Denzel Washington and Forest Whitaker. 

After being in 'so many places in my life and time', in this third chapter of my life, I know it's time I left my own unique footprint, instead of walking in the shadow and steps of so many others. This germ of an idea is part of the larger vision of EDENintheDESERT, so please do visit that Vision in it's entirety.




No comments:

1998. Noble Pursuit

This song was birthed in a turbulent time of my journey. I was living in a studio apartment in Union City, New Jersey, two years sober, nurs...